Anyway, now that the opashen is finished, I'm working on the blue velvet gown. I cut it out
Green with gold dots. What I actually had was a lightweight silk-cotton blend suit lining fabric with NO dots...
I ended up going with the pearl button on the bottom, by the way. They came in a couple of weeks ago, and they're lovely and sparkly. :)
...and some gold paint markers. :o)
I'm disappointed that the velvet looks blackish here - it really sucks up light! It's not as dark as this, but not as bright as the sample picture above, either.
And, while I'm sitting here babbling into my blog, I'm...not sewing. I'd better go get at least the sleeves put together. But I will say this: I decided on the style/pattern, and ended up going later-period that I usually do, because I've fallen in love with late 1400s-early 1500s "transitional" gowns - not quite getting into Tudor-era stuff, but just before:
|Dig the chick in purple throwing the gang signs for the photo.|
* All the camping stuff...except for the period tent I was planning to make, due to a tax refund FAIL of epic proportions. I guess our first War will have to be in neon-green rip-stop nylon after all. Sigh.