In preparation for the fabulosity I have planned for Candlemas, outfit-wise, I whomped up a little sumpn-sumpn yesterday afternoon, in a mad frenzy of boredom and extra fabric. There was a pattern alteration I'd been avoiding for two weeks, just sure it would take me at least that long to get it right. I started yesterday on a whim...and finished the pattern in about fifteen minutes! Yay!
All I did was take my stock côtehardie pattern and adapt the shoulder seams and shaping to a new line. One more like the seams and neckline on this:
|I love the eyelet arrangement, too!|
And here's how I did it:
|(click for bigger)|
|front fit + shoulder seam|
It's alright, serviceable even; though I think I'll play with the exact shape of the neckline some more.
So that's something else out of the way, as far as Candlemas planning goes: the pattern is figured out, and I have nearly all the fabric I'll need. I'm still not entirely sure where to go with the over-sleeves, since the fabric I ordered turned out to be the wrong color, but I'm working on that one.
We shall see.