29 March 2015

Post-War Projects

I kind of mentally swore to myself that I wouldn't touch an SCA project for one month after I got back from war.  I'll be back, don't worry, but I have lots of other things to get done around here, and I needed a break.  Here's what I'm working on right now:

Gardening! 




A friend and I spent the afternoon yesterday at one of my favorite garden nurseries in town, It's About Thyme.  For a few hours before that, and several afterward, I worked my butt off in the backyard:  mowing, pruning, digging, planting, mulching, filling the compost pile, moving rocks and cobblestones, and generally just rebooting my garden from - if you'll pardon the pun - from the ground up.  There's more here at my garden blog.


Bathrobing! 


No kidding, I've had this purple jersey knit fabric sitting in a bag for _over a year_ waiting for me to "just be done with this one project" before I'd start it.  Meanwhile, the knit bathrobe I made for myself in 2008 was literally full of holes (puppy) and falling apart at the seams.  So I made this one to replace it.  The pattern is the same as the Japanese clothing I've made in the past for Sir Takuan, and also the one I used for my short, silk robe/cover-up last year.


Vacationing! (Some More)

www.kingwaterpark.com 

Some friends of mine and I are spending next weekend at King Spa & Waterpark in Dallas.  WHEEE!!!  I can't wait.


More soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D