A paisley silk sarong I bought from Victoria's Secret about twelve years ago. It's been to the Bahamas and back, Florida, and New Mexico, and has served as a skirt, beach cover-up, and tablecloth for like three different tables. It's got wax stains on it, and teeny tiny burn holes, and the little plastic beads that once graced the corners had long since peeled and fallen off. I still loved it, but it had been relegated to sitting in a drawer for the past year or more.
And then I saw this on Pinterest:
And after about a year of procrastination (sensing a theme here), and then a 2-hour flurry of work last night, this is what happened:
The edge trim, belt, and belt loops are all made from a dark blue polyester charmeuse curtain panel I picked up at a thrift store a million years ago for like a dollar, hehe.
In fact...I may make another little robe like this out of the rest of the blue curtain panel.
I didn't use a pattern for this; I made it the same way I make Sir Takuan's kosode and kataginu:
P.S. - yes, I patched the teeny tiny burn holes.