12 October 2011

Nothin', Just Lutin' Around.

"Concert of Women", 1530-40, unknown

So, I'm a singer and a musician.  Within the SCA, I sing in my local choral guild (for which I run a blog), I play in the local musicians' guild - soprano and alto recorder, classical guitar (when applicable), and, just recently, lute!  When I put out feelers to the guilds, looking to check one out to rent or possibly to buy, a friend of mine who had one offered to lend hers to me to learn to play.  I can't tell you how excited I am about it.  I've had it for a couple of weeks now, and I can't put the thing down.  It's wonderful.

And it's beautiful:


And then there's the case, which is cardboard (not period, lol), and just a bit unwieldy for the carrying-around:



Fortunately, I just happen to have a metric crap-ton of fabric sitting around, so I made a case for it, with a shoulder strap on the side which also forms a drawstring around the neck to make sure it stays IN the bag while I'm carrying it:


Yay!

.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D