18 July 2015

Another One Bites the Dustbunnies

Today's finished project:










A white viking coat, trimmed in blue linen and a gold-and-blue metallic woven trim.























This fabric is really cool.  I can't for the life of me remember what it's called - it's heavy, woven, wool/poly fabric made for blankets and linings.  It's lightly felted on the inside, and is REALLY warm and soft.

Fun fact:  I'm allergic as crap to wool.  After working on this all day (I went into it thinking this was cotton, and wasn't wearing gloves, sleeves, or long pants!), I feel like I've been dusted all over with fiberglass.  $%&1&@#*!!!   But it's really neat stuff. :)


The fleur-de-lis pin is the client's. Totally not viking, but it was in the bag, so I slapped it on there to take the picture for her, hehe.  :)












Whew!  That's four pieces completed this week.  All I have left this month is two complete pieces and then a HUGE stack of alterations and repairs.   More sewing! All the sewing!

Back soon.



.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D