"Olympian Blue" 100% linen, with magenta linen sleeve linings, skirt guarding, and appliqé neckline, with...
The recipient was very pleased! Yay!
- a pair of chemises in white rayon challis (already cut out)
- another "casual" bliaut like this one (simple) (already cut out)
- a rather fancy bliaut (court wear, multi-colored, heraldic, appliqué'd and embroidered)
- a white linen Viking dress
- a Viking overcoat
- a short stack of minor alterations to some fighting clothes, and
- another six painted flags for the Caerleon campsite fence (designs already sketched, plotted, ready to transfer to the fabric)
WHOO! That's a ton of work - I got REALLY backed up in June. I love my new day job, but after not working for seven months, suddenly jumping back into the 9-5 with both feet, and into an intense and complicated work stream to boot, really sapped my energy as I was getting used to it. I'm so glad to be sewing again, though.
It sound crazy even to me, but I'm hoping to get ALL of that list finished by the end of July. In August I have a Landsknecht and a couple of intricate Viking pieces to get done, as well as a project for Laurel's Prize Tourney in September. And somewhere in amongst all of this, I STILL have to complete all of my own new Viking stuff, AND do alterations on the rest of my wardrobe: my new job takes a lot of walking, and I'm going to the gym nearly every day after work - I've lost nearly fifteen pounds already, and I'm hoping that trend will continue, alterations be damned. :)