09 September 2019

CIVUS ROMANUS SUM

I'm back!  Hi!  When last I wrote, I had just attended Candlemas in February of this year.  Not a lot has been going on since then - there are very few events in the summer, and the couple that happened in the spring, I couldn't attend for one reason or another.

But this weekend I made it out to our Roman-themed baronial event.  It was 107ºF outside, so a lot of us just sat around in the shade fanning ourselves and guzzling water.  But it was WONDERFUL to see all of my friends again, and to hide from the sun geeking out about history together.

I don't have a great pic from the event that shows my whole outfit;  this is a pic taken before the event, in my bedroom.  A white linen tunica (which is badly hemmed and needs fixing, but it was what I had on short notice - I only decided to go to the event the day before!),  a teal linen chiton (the pattern for which is here), a looooong sash made from upholstery fabric (stolen from one of my Italian outfits), and a palla cut from what I think might have started life as a chiffon curtain panel.   Simple, lightweight, breathable, and comfy.  The jewelry is the same blue lampwork-glass bead jewelry you've seen me wear with many an outfit (better pics soon).

IT ME



So what's next?  

The third weekend of October is Bjornsborg's annual baronial event, and it's Viking-themed, as usual.  Hooray!  I love Viking!  While I threw the Roman outfit together out of pieces I already had, and at the last minute, this time I have time to properly prepare, and I plan to create a few new pieces for the Viking event - namely, a new hangerrock, new wooden handles for my Hedeby bag, and some new jewelry.  I'll be back soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D