20 October 2014

A Wee Viking Trinket For A Friend

I'm working on outfit pics from the event over the past weekend (which was AWESOME), but until then, I give you this little bit of fun...

I saw this on Pinterest:

(via)
Which isn't remotely period, but it sure is cute - and I knew when I saw it that I had to make one for a dear friend.  So I glued together a pair of wooden door hanger signs from the hobby store, shaped, sanded and painted them, and ended up with this:

front

back, inspired in part by one of those little
ancient Viking chess pieces

tiny deer! 

Hee.  A cute little trinket for someone I hold dear.  And he was tickled by it, which was all I was after.  :) 


Back to work now. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D