30 September 2013

Fall Coronation 2013




1.  New cotehardie.  Deep navy silk/poly blend -  a "peachskin" weave, turned wrong-side-out to display the shiny, smooth side, rather than the fuzzy side.  Small (less than half-inch) silver buttons from elbow to wrist, and from the neckline in front all the way to the floor.

At this time, the dress doesn't actually open all the way down the front.  I was in a bit of a rush, and didn't have time to do a millionty buttonholes, so I just sewed the buttons on after closing the front seam.

Also, the dress was originally supposed to have a gray-brown faux-fur trim along the neckline and the lower hem, but I canNOT find my brown fur!!  I have no clue what happened to it! For the time being I ran a line of machine stitching in a vine pattern around the egdes of the dress;  if I ever find the fur, I'll put it on, and at that time, I'll fix the buttons down the front.



2.  Ear cauls!  These babies are getting their own blog entry!  Stay tuned!


.





.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D