09 January 2013

*peek*

Yup, still here.  I'm been up to my ears in mundane holiday junk, family stuff, and preparations for Candlemas - for other people - so I haven't had much to post.  But today I do!

Actually, this is an ongoing Thing....two ongoing Things, actually.


1.   Crown Tournament is this coming Saturday.  Normally that's not something I'd be very excited over - as much as I think that event should be a big deal to the entire populace, it's ...just a tournament.  Whackings and smackings happen, and then everyone goes home.  But this time, they're making a day-long shindig out of it!  During the day there are classes and A&S workshops, a luncheon, the tournament itself, a potluck dinner, court after, and then a masked ball!

I only had a few days to throw this together (yes, I've had over a month to prepare, why do you ask?), and hardly any funds at all.  Except for the mask base itself, everything else that went into this project I already had lying around.

Exhibit A. 



$2.99, yo.
  • plastic football fan mask (??), three bucks
  • plain white craft glue - for the raised relief vines and leaves
  • Gold metallic spray paint
  • Liquid Leaf gold leafing paint
  • Red nail polish (the left eye, and the wee pomegranate in the design on the left (gold) side)



no shit: glue
  • Lightweight gold drapery fabric scraps, left over from another project, for the ruffle
  • Gold metallic braid, also left over from another project
  • Hot glue
  • broken plastic button as a centerpiece
  • ribbon for the sides, to tie around the back of my head






Here's the one I made for Vasilii - muuuuuch simpler!  It looks a bit luchador to me, but the border design was actually inspired by a Russian shield (for which I have no documentation, but hey, it's a plastic football mask)!  A sharpie marker, a gold paint pen, and some spray-clear.  

For some reason, I've had songs from Phantom of the Opera stuck in my head all week. 

ANYWAY.   I will have pictures from the event and the ball!  I'll even try to get them up the next day, but if I don't, it'll be over a week until I do, because...


2.   I'm going on my cruise next week!  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D