Actually, this is an ongoing Thing....two ongoing Things, actually.
1. Crown Tournament is this coming Saturday. Normally that's not something I'd be very excited over - as much as I think that event should be a big deal to the entire populace, it's ...just a tournament. Whackings and smackings happen, and then everyone goes home. But this time, they're making a day-long shindig out of it! During the day there are classes and A&S workshops, a luncheon, the tournament itself, a potluck dinner, court after, and then a masked ball!
I only had a few days to throw this together (yes, I've had over a month to prepare, why do you ask?), and hardly any funds at all. Except for the mask base itself, everything else that went into this project I already had lying around.
- plastic football fan mask (??), three bucks
- plain white craft glue - for the raised relief vines and leaves
- Gold metallic spray paint
- Liquid Leaf gold leafing paint
- Red nail polish (the left eye, and the wee pomegranate in the design on the left (gold) side)
|no shit: glue|
- Lightweight gold drapery fabric scraps, left over from another project, for the ruffle
- Gold metallic braid, also left over from another project
- Hot glue
- broken plastic button as a centerpiece
- ribbon for the sides, to tie around the back of my head
Here's the one I made for Vasilii - muuuuuch simpler! It looks a bit luchador to me, but the border design was actually inspired by a Russian shield (for which I have no documentation, but hey, it's a plastic football mask)! A sharpie marker, a gold paint pen, and some spray-clear.
For some reason, I've had songs from Phantom of the Opera stuck in my head all week.
ANYWAY. I will have pictures from the event and the ball! I'll even try to get them up the next day, but if I don't, it'll be over a week until I do, because...
2. I'm going on my cruise next week! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!