That said, I did make one small exception this week, for a friend who desperately needed some quick 16th century shirts:
There are two knee-ish-length shirts for my client and her son, and a full-length version for her daughter. (The one in the picture will be much larger on my small client than it is on my me-sized mannequin). They're are made of white, handkerchief-weight linen, based on a pattern from Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion 4. Adaptations to the pattern include a small gusset at the collar/shoulder seam for flexibility in the neckline, and the omission of any ruffles or pleats at the collar and sleeves (my client intends to add these at a later date, but wanted the shirts made without them for now).
|The collar on the adult shirt was made from a scrap of fabric that |
my client had with black machine embroidery already on it.
|Three shirts, finished and ready to deliver.|
This is the first time I've made this pattern, and I really like it. Each shirt took me about 3 hours from cutting to finishing. Now I want one of my own.
Not that I have anything to wear with one.