04 January 2016

2016

Happy [Mundane] New Year, everyone!

2015 Was Kinda Weird  

For the first six months I was unemployed, and I got a LOT of commission work done. The next six I spent working two jobs and having precious little time to work on SCA stuff, but I managed to at least complete my remaining commissions and get some personal work done in my spare time.  I spent several months working on expanding and updating my 10-11thC Viking wardrobe.  I embroidered all the things, and became a better embroiderer. 

I think by far the most important thing I managed to do in 2015 was not go completely banana-balls insane with stress.  Which, okay, I totally did that.  By October I was so stressed and depressed that I could barely function; but I managed to work my way through it and make some changes to the way I was dealing with my stress and my time management issues, and things got a lot more comfortable.  It took a lot of hard work, and a lot of difficult discussions with myself, but I did it, and I'm proud of the fact that I was able to take a step back and re-evaluate, re-prioritize, and keep my most of my cheese from sliding off my mental crackers.

These will not protect you.

So What's Next?  

The job thing will continue to be a thing until further notice.  Honestly, I'm not sure when.  In November I made it to my financial goals with flying colors, only to have the football pulled away from me just before the kick, Peanuts-style, so it'll be several more months yet before I'm "back on my feet" enough (again!) to cut my spare job loose and enjoy something like a "normal" schedule again.

That said, Candlemas and Kingdom A&S are coming up VERY soon.  Alas, I don't have anything fantabulously wondermus planned, because I don't have time to pull off something really spectacular; but I am currently in the middle of re-fashioning an old gown that I can't wait to wear again; and have embarked on another slow wardrobe makeover, this time with all of my fourteenth century clothing.

So. Some things will get finished.  Some things will not get finished, and that's okay.  I am not accepting new commission work: no ifs, ands, or buts (or butts).  I'm going to try not to post here about what I'm working on until it's done and I have something to show you.

I don't do New Year's resolutions, but, I do have two goals for the first half of 2016:
  1. Do not go crazy.
  2. Make it to Gulf Wars in March. 
I'll let you know how it goes.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D