23 August 2022

Regency: New Jewelry and A Repair

 Here's a beaded necklace set - necklace, bracelet, and earrings - that I made a couple of weeks ago.  This started out as just a bracelet, but I had LOTS of these teal beads, so it ended up being a whole set.  

The beads are plastic, and the chain and fittings are gold-colored brass.  



I'm planning on wearing my white Ikea Matilda dress for Halloween this year, with a teal ribbon and this teal jewelry, and a teal shawl I plan on ordering myself for my birthday.  However, the Matilda dress still needed some work:  it was about 3" too short! 

I needed to add a panel to the bottom of the dress, but I didn't have much fabric left.  I had to piece the panel together, which made the stripes not match up.  In order to draw the eye away from this - and hide the seam - I added a row of puffs to the bottom of the dress.  


It's period, it was easy and quick to do, and it camoflages the added panel very well.  

Now the dress is finally ready to wear! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D