08 August 2022

Regency: A Green Recticule

 While I loved my pink reticule, it is really too small to do me any good.  I mean, not that I have anywhere to wear all this Regency stuff, but if I ever did, I'd want a purse big enough to carry my things; and the pink reticule wasn't.  

So I made a new one, from stash fabric scraps: 



This one is about 10" tall, plus the ruffle around the top, and is big enough to carry my phone, wallt, keys and whatever else I put in there.  It's a poly-taffeta lined with blue linen, with a poly satin ribbon to close it, and tassels made from cotton embroidery floss. 


There's nothing here for scale, sadly, but this is on my ironing board - it covers the entire width, and I can fit my outstretched hand inside the wide part of the pieces.  PLENTY big enough.  

Fun fact:  making tassels is for the birds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D