09 August 2022

Regency: Jewelry: More Brooches

 After I made that Lover's Eye brooch, I had four other press-together acrylic brooches left, eyeballing me from the jewelry supply box in the closet, waiting to be used.  First, I decided to make a miniature, since they were so popular during the Regency.  I printed out a tiny painting (by Sidney Richard Percy, a Victorian painter), and glued it in place: 







I also wanted some solid-color "jewel" brooches, so I painted the backs of the remaining two cabs with nail polish - green and red. 




Just like the Lover's Eye, I glued a pin back on to the back of each brooch and filed off the bail (these were supposed to be necklaces).  I have plans for the green and red brooches; right now I'm loving the way the Percy brooch goes with my new blue open robe.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D