01 September 2022

SCA: Bits and Pieces For An Upcoming Event

 We have an Italian Carnival themed event coming up in October, and I’ve been refitting a couple of old Florentine dresses to wear to it. I realized the other day that I needed some jewelry and a mask for the event, too, so I dug out these old pieces: 



I made each of those necklaces about ten years ago, to go with Italian ren and gothic ensembles. I cleaned them up a bit, but since they’re made with brass and pewter (the pearls and garnets are real), I couldn’t get them really shiny and silver again.  Oh, well. They’re still pretty. 


I had a mask already made, but it was broken, having been crushed in a fabric box in storage.  I’ve actually made three masks, but something always happens to prevent me from wearing them, including a freaking TORNADO.  

Not to worry. I glued the mask back together and put the feathers back on it, and voila: 



There! Now I just have to get the actual dresses together. More on that later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D