26 November 2019

Post-BAM

I managed to get a picture of me at the event, so you don't have to look at my outfits on hangers and try to imagine what I actually look like:

photo taken by my friend Simona


The weather at BAM was fairly all-inclusive, except that it wasn't hot.  But it did rain off and on the entire first day, with a little storm that night;  the next three days were chilly but beautiful, and the nights were coldcoldcoldcold.  I think Friday night was 37ยบ.  Yikes.  I need to re-think my bedding situation, because I was NOT warm enough at night.  An air mattress in that weather needs to be insulated with something, otherwise you're just lying on a giant ziploc bag of cold air. 

Overall I had a ton of fun, though I didn't do a whole lot - mostly I stayed in camp and puttered around the house, cleaning and sewing and watching the family dog and the kids.  I did take the bag of sari strips that I had left over around and gave a bunch away, then put the remainder of the bag into the swap meet that was going on on Saturday.  (I still have half the quilt left to harvest, so there'll be another bag). 

I attended the vigil of a good friend of mine who was recently made a Laurel, at which there was a spectacular bardic circle and an inflatable walking squid (if you've never seen a giant squid lounging around in a camp chair with a beer in one hand you've missed out, I can tell you); and I walked around shopping in the middle of the night and visiting various parties, which I hadn't gotten to do in years. So fun! 



So, What's Next?  


Well, I have to replace the trim on my brown dress, because it snapped and shredded itself at the event.  I have another dress refit I need to start working on soon.  I'm working on another Hedeby bag, and it's coming along VERY slowly. 

Upcoming events are baronial Yule in December and Candlemas on the 2nd of February.   I haven't quite decided yet, but I think I MIGHT be able to swing Gulf Wars in March.  I don't know yet - a lot of pieces will have to fall into place perfectly for it to happen, so we'll see.   For right now I'll focus on the brown dress and the refit, and we'll worry about war when we get closer to it. 

For right now, my things are put away and my laundry's done, and I'm going to get through the next two days of ye olde day job before Thanksgiving and worry about all the rest after the holiday is over.  I can taste the cheesecake already...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D