21 October 2019

Awesome Viking Bling

Valkyrfelt was AMAZING. Bjornsborg really knows how to throw an event. There were so many neat things to do and to learn, there was music everywhere and games to play,  the food was fantastic, and I had SO much FUN.  I went to a workshop where I made a pair of matched Viking arm bands in a period design copied from a piece found in the Cuerdale Hoard:

I got to use hammers and an anvil! 

So there's some awesome Viking bling to add to my wardrobe (And the British Museum has a free online PDF book on the Cuerdale Hoard, check it out).

I got even more bling, too - this awesome brass brooch was my site token! I was surprised to see such nice tokens for an event.  I think these came from a site called Wish, but I'm not sure. I think some people had trouble with the pins falling off, but mine is pretty solidly made.  I plan to use it to close my coat.





So, What's Next?  

BAM is coming up in November - Bordermarch Autumn Melees, now called War of the Rams. It's a five-day war event out in east Texas, and I haven't been in something like four years.  I've missed camping so much; I really didn't want to come back this weekend, and I already can't wait to go to BAM.   

So in the run-up to the event, I've got several things to do:

  • I'm making over an old blue apron dress that needed a little help, just waiting on some extra fabric to come in the mail
  • Making a new under dress from scratch
  • Adding faux fur cuffs and trim to my Viking coat (because the sleeves aren't long enough), and
  • Making over my black apron dress as well

So I've got a full plate for the next month/three weeks!  I hope I can get it all done in time.  I'm still working on those couch cushions for a friend of mine, too, so I've got a LOT of sewing to do.  

See you again soon!  

gratuitous cat bawls







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D