Bjornsborg's "Ragnarok" 50-year event was last weekend, and it was fanastic as Bjornsborg's events always are. My friend Ivar stepped down as Baron of the group and a new Baron and Baroness stepped up. And I have to tell you, if you've never seen a Viking apron dress made out of Hawaiian shirt fabric and held up with little polar bear brooches, you've never LIVED. I wish I had pictures.
So, I've scrapped the A&S project I mentioned a few weeks ago, because I decided I needed a BREAK. That doesn't mean I'm not working on anything, I've just decided that right now, deadlines and pressure are not for me.
I'm still working on:
- A wool coat for this winter, if we get a winter this year
- a regalia weaving project I started in January and have been working on VERY slowly
- a tunic I took apart and am re-making into a different tunic
Oh, and I'm crocheting an enormous blanket which is not remotely SCA-related but it's going to be super cool, so I'll probably show you when it's finished.
I'm also cleaning and decorating my house for Halloween, for a very small party my roommate and I are going to be hosting. My birthday is that week, too, and I have no idea what I'm doing for that.
As far as local events go, there's only Bryn Gwlad's fall baronial event at the end of October, which I won't be going to because of Halloween preparations. Everything else is too far away to travel to for me right now. So I'm not going anywhere until War of the Rams in November, which gives me plenty of time to finish my coat.
Anyway, that's what's going on. I'll post more about those three things I'm working on as I finish them.
Ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D