17 August 2026

SCA: What's Next?

Now that my big A&S summer project is done, I'm going to take a couple of weeks off before I do anything else.  And then I need to turn my attention back to: 

  • a wool coat that I'd like to have done by November just in case it ever gets cold again
  • a regalia weaving project I started in January and have been pecking away at in my spare time
  • my next A&S project, due in mid-November
  • The blue Italian renaissance dress I started this Spring that I'd like to have done for an event in February
There may or may not also be a few new Hedeby bags.  I have a sack of wooden handles that a friend cut out for me on his CNC router which just need a coat of stain. I've made one already as a gift for a friend's birthday, and I think I'd like to make some Sprezzatura (my household)-themed bags as well, if people are interested.  

Events this fall include:
  • Kingdom Arts & Sciences in September
  • Bjornsborg's September/fall event in Seguin, Texas
  • Bryn Gwlad's October/fall event at the Sherwood Forest Fair grounds
  • War of the Rams in November
  • Various small Yule celebrations in December  

That's only four actual events and then maybe some little Yule gatherings, if I feel like going.  15 years ago I would hit an event every weekend in the fall, but I just don't have that kind of energy anymore. That said, I DO plan to try to travel more in 2027 and hit some A&S competitions around the kingdom in more areas than just the two I normally play in.  

Anyway, that's what's going on with me the next couple of months.  First we have to get Kingdom A&S out of the way - that's the big stressful event - and then the rest of the season I can just have fun and not worry about competitions for a while.  





    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D