27 July 2022

Regency: Blue Open Robe

 To go over my white round gown, I made this pale blue open robe: 



This robe is also from the American Duchess for Simplicity pattern S8941. Like the round gown, I added some length to the skirts. I shortened the train quite a bit, adding only an 8” train instead of a fuller train. I just don’t like tripping over all that fabric, but I did want a little puddle on the ground. Just a little one. 

I also altered the sleeves: I lengthened them so that the cuff would hit me about my knuckles instead of my wrist, and adjusted the elbow seam to compensate. For the dress and this robe, I made a size 22 from the pattern, but for some reason on the robe the sleeves were way too wide, and I had to narrow them quite a bit. I could have done more narrowing, but I didn’t want to push my luck. 



The fabric is Fabric.com’s Kaufmann linen in Paris Blue. The bodice is self- lined. I finished out the front with three covered buttons; I added a pair in the back, too, although I’m not sure it looks right without a belt or sash there to anchor them visually. I may rethink that.  Overall I really love the way this open robe came out, and I'll definitely use this pattern again.  


But first - accessories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D