15 June 2024

SCA: Some New Additions to the Iron Age Peplos Outfit


Some updates to the new peplos outfit: 




  • I overdyed the brown peplos to darken the color. It’s subtle, but I like it a lot better 
  • I created some new jewelry to wear with it 
  • I wove a new belt 











The jewelry is two parts: an amber and carnelian necklace I made from stash parts and a broken amber necklace; and 

A string of bronze colored chains to suspend between the shoulder brooches. They’re the wrong kind of chain, but it’s a good place to start! 





I finished the belt this morning, and I’m in love with it. It’s 8/2 cotton in blue, gold, and navy, with wrapped and braided ends. 

It also just happens to be in my household colors, which I didn’t realize until I was nearly done. Happy accident! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D