27 February 2024

SCA: Bjornsborg Spring Event

Bjornsborg's spring event "The Battle of the Beasts" was this past weekend.  I had SO much fun!  It was a theme event, inspired by Aesop's fables, so we had lots of animal-themed activities and animal-inspired clothing going around (including some kids in animal onesies, which was adorable).  

I'm a nut for ravens and crows, so I brought some of that into my clothing with some dark colors which I never get to wear (because the black dress isn't really period),  and I wore some black feathers on my dress and in my hair - and of course, all my raven jewelry bits and accessories: 








A&S

I entered two A&S competitions at the event.  One was the largesse competition, for which I donated some of my woven bands that I made in December/January for the A&S event at Candlemas that never happened.  Turns out, there were only two entrants - me and the person running the derby, so we kind of both won.  

The other was the Bjornsborg A&S Championship, into which I entered an Oseberg loom that I made a couple of weeks ago.  I'll have a full post on that up very soon; but for now, here's a pic of the entry: 




I didn't win or anything, but I got a LOT of really positive feedback on my project and my documentation; and I got to sit down with two of my favorite Laurels to discuss the project, and tablet-weaving in general.  It was a very positive experience, and I have some great tips to work into my documentation and my project for the next time I enter this project  (which might be next month, I'm not sure yet).  



What's Next? 

I'll have the post about the Oseberg loom project up tomorrow, and some stuff about weaving in general as well. 

I'm currently working on some alterations to my Oseberg project, a new Hedeby bag, and a Roman outfit for the upcoming hot weather, which I'll post about soon.  I also expect to have a new tent in the next couple of months, and so I may be doing a post about my campsite soon as well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D