This past weekend was Kingdom Arts & Sciences in the Shire of Graywood (Tyler, Texas). My friends Cristiane, Franchesca, and Mistress Linden and I all went together for the weekend as we always do for these things.
I took my Bryndum project that I worked all summer on, and I'm pleased to say I did pretty well for myself. I scored less well than I wanted to, but still pretty respectably. I got some great feedback from the judges, and I got to have a really fun conversation with some of them after the event was over.
The day itself was long and kind of nerve-wracking. I hate just sitting around waiting to be judged and to find out results at the end of the day. There were lots of folks to talk to, though, and lots of activity tables set up to take part in. Lunch was fabulous. And there was a kitten!
Cristiane scored VERY well and got chosen to represent the Kingdom at Gulf Wars next year, hooray! I'm so proud of him.
We all went out to dinner afterwards, which was fun, and then the drive home the next day was uneventful, thankfully.
*
So what's next? Bjornsborg's fall event is coming up in two weeks, and I'm super excited about that. I won't be able to camp this one, I don't think, but I'm planning on going out for the day to hang out with some of my favorite people.
After that is War of the Rams in November, for which I'm working on a new A&S project and a winter coat for myself, so I'll be talking about that in the next few weeks as I work on things. See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hooray, comments! Be nice to each other, and to me. Or I shall boot your ass and then mail you a dead fish. :D